Why did Honey Kiss Melon from the U.S. sting my mouth?
On June 1, I bought three Sugar Kiss melons in the USA. When I got home, I washed them under tap water and EcoMax Hypoallergenic Fruit & Veggie Wash, to try to wash away any COVID19 viruses on the melons. Then I stored them in my fridge. On June 1 and 2, my family and I ate two of them, without incident.
On June 3, after 15 minutes of eating it and nothing else, our mouths started to burn and itch! We had to keep drinking filtered water to stop the stinging! On the outside, the melon had some black spots — see below. But on the inside, it was orange, looked normal and safe. We've eaten many Sugar Kiss melons in our life, and this is the first time this stinging happened!
An allergist tested us for oral allergy syndromes, but confirmed that none of us are allergic to fruits or melons. I suspect something was wrong with the third melon. But what was wrong?
0 comment threads
Be the first to create a new comment thread.