You will need an ice-cream churn. Follow its preparatory instructions. E.g. with mine I have to leave the bowl in the freezer for 24 hours. This recipe is slow to prepare, but easily the best ice-cream to come out of lots of experiments.
- 300g apple juice
- 1 tsp soy lecithin
- 100g dulce de leche¹
- 200g whipping cream
¹ Peruvian-style, not Argentinian-style.
- Pour the apple juice into a bowl and sprinkle in the soy lecithin. Leave to soak for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
- Whisk to ensure that the lecithin is properly mixed in.
- Whisk in the dulce de leche. (It may be necessary to warm it first. I would certainly suggest warming it if the ambient temperature is below 30C).
- Cool in the fridge.
- Combine the juice mixture with the cream. It doesn't harm to whip it a bit, but the churn should do most of that for you.
- Churn and freeze, following the instructions of your ice-cream maker.